Next week we are working on the following skills:
- Multiplication/Division of whole numbers
- Addition and Subtraction of Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Addition and Subtraction of Decimals
Here are our plans:
- Practice page- 4 problems on the front are completed on Day 1 so students have an idea about where they are starting. At the end of the week they complete 4 similar problems on the back of the page to see progress and areas for further improvement. Students track this data.
- Addition and Subtraction of Fractions and Mixed Numbers BINGO (1-2 days)
Students each receive a BINGO board and fill it in however they want.
I copy the BINGO Questions onto card stock, laminate, and cut them out. I write answers on the back to make it easier once we start playing.
I display questions under the document camera, students work the question, and cover up the answer on their BINGO boards. First to 5 in a row wins!
I like this activity because it is self-checking. If students get an answer that is not an option listed...they immediately know they've made a mistake.
- Chromebook Activity (2-3 days)
Students will go to goo.gl/n2Y24 to a Job the Web page. There are five games/activities for them to complete.
1. Multiplication/Division Word Problems- Khan Academy
2. Add and Subtract Fractions Board Game
3. Fruit Shoot Fraction Addition
4. Hotel Decimalfornia- Add/Subtract Decimals
5. Add/Subtract Fractions and Mixed #s - Jeopardy Game
As they complete activities/games they will record their scores on a recording sheet. If they finish everything, they can go back and play other games to increase their scores. At the end of the second day, they complete step 6 on the jog the web: a google form to share their answers. I plan on giving a prize to the highest score submitted for each of the 5 activities just to encourage them! :)